JR Pass costing fluctuates depending on the status of the exchange rate. For more information please consult with us.
The JAPAN RAIL PASS is a special ticket that is available only to travelers visiting Japan from foreign countries for sight-seeing. To be eligible to purchase a JAPAN RAIL PASS you must meet one of the following two conditions.
You are a foreign tourist visiting Japan from abroad for sight-seeing,under the entry status of "temporary visitor." "Temporary Visitor" entry status, according to Japanese Immigration Law, allows a stay in Japan of 15 days or 90 days for "sight-seeing, etc." If you apply for a "stay for sight- seeing" when you enter Japan, entry personnel will stamp your passport as "Temporary Visitor," as shown below. Only persons who have a passport bearing this stamp can use a JAPAN RAIL PASS.
There are two kinds of Japan Rail Passes: Green and Ordinary. The Japan Rail Pass Green is valid in the superior class green carriages without additional charges. 7-day, 14-day and 21-day passes are available at the following prices:
*Pass prices for children apply from age six to, and including, age eleven. ** Prices subject to change.
|Japan Rail Pass||Ordinary ( In JPY )||Green ( In JPY )|
1. Tourists visiting Japan from abroad under “Temporary Visitor” entry status.
2. Japanese nationals living in a foreign country,
A. As a permanent resident of that country, or
B. As a resident in that country for ten or more years, or
C. who is married to a citizen of that country.
1. Purchase an exchange order with us BEFORE coming to Japan (Japan Rail Passes cannot be purchased in Japan).
2. After arrival in Japan, go to the JR Information and Ticket Office at Narita Airport, or to one of the JR Travel Service Centres, such as Tokyo Station. Exchange your exchange order for you Japan Rail Pass; when you fill out the pass application form, specify the first date on which you want to use the pass. Show your passport at the time of exchange.
3. The exchange order must be exchanged within three months of the date of issue.
|The JAPAN RAIL PASS is valid for the railways, buses, and ferry boats shown in below.|
All JR Group Railways-Shinkansen"bullet trains" (except any reserved or non-reserved seat on “NOZOMI”and”MIZUHO”trains) limited express trains, express trains, and rapid or local trains. (With some exceptions)
Certain local lines of JR bus companies*1 and some JR highway bus routes*2 (Pass validity for particular routes is subject to change.)
Only the JR Miyajima ferry is covered. The JR Hakata-Pusan (Korea) ferry is not covered.